If you have watched Marie Kondo getting America organized on Netflix, I am sure you would have cleaned at least one drawer ( I sure did).
Some of the things that Marie Kondo says make sense, while some – maybe not. I am not going to treat my house as a person, but I recognize the need that everything in the house deserves its own space.
Summing up Marie Kondo
- Organize your clothes first, keep only what you need. If you have not used something for over a year, most likely you never will. Donate the stuff you don’t need.
- Organize your kitchen – 3 pans, one stock pot, one dutch oven is sufficient to handle all the cooking.
- Don’t make your garage or attic a dumpster. Think twice before you put anything in storage. If you don’t need it now, you may never need it.
- The children should know that it’s their house and they are responsible to keep it clean and organized.
- Go through each corner of your house ( baby steps) and get rid of the things that don’t give you joy anymore.
Here are some things that can help you Kondo your house. And yes an organized space is a thing of joy and calm.
These no-fuss drawers slide in the bathroom cabinets easily. Now I can store the toiletries, make-up and other miscellaneous stuff in plain sight. It’s a good value at under $25, considering you will use this for years.
2. Slide Out Storage Cart Tower for Laundry :
This slim pull out drawers goes between the washing machine and dryer and can hold your detergent, bleach, etc. They can remain hidden giving a clean look,
3. Over the door pantry organizer
At $12 dollars this is a steal to organize that odd sachet and tea bags. It can go over the door easily freeing up your rack space, and you can spot the knick from the knack clearly because of its clear transparent design.
If you have little kids in the house who like to read you know how easy it is to find books in every corner of the house. While I urge kids to read, I am also encouraging you to buy these shelves for your kid’s rooms or the family room. At less than $30 you can also teach the kids to organize their books and stuff. It also adds fun color to the room.
With these handy organizers, you can keep your bakeware organized at all times. At $15 dollars it is a small price to pay to keep the things where they belong.
Please comment on our FB page if you can help us find things to get organized.