Winter and Dry Skin just go together. Even if we have normal skin it does get to dry in the winter. Most of us are looking for the perfect cream to have a healthy and glowing skin. The answer is just not in the cream. Yes creams help but a good skin regimen is necessary to have a radiant skin.
The causes of dry skin could be
- Bathing in hot water
- Over scrubbing the skin
- A diet deficient in vitamin A and Vitamin B
- Some drugs including diuretics, antispasmodics, and antihistamines can cause dry skin
- Low intake of water
- Genetic Condition
Looking young is almost synonymous with having a young healthy looking skin. Some of the things which are a must to avoid dry skin are
- Drinking plenty of water- water keeps the skin hydrated moisturized and also helps in maintaining the elasticity.
- Using mild soaps and moisturizers- Dove soap is the number one choice of dermatologists. Cetaphil Moisturizer is an excellent option for people with dry skin. Always go for cream based moisturizers.
- Bathing for long hours may be soothing but not at all good for the skin. Sitting in water for a long time washes off the natural moisture.
- Remember to Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize
- And include lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet.